A bit about me

I am an Elementary Education Student at the University of South Alabama. I plan to student teach and graduate in the fall of 2011. I have been married to my high school sweetheart for over seventeen years and we have three wonderful children. I hope to be the kind of teacher I want for my own children and I am learning all I can to be my best.

Student Creativity

"Creativity is as important as literacy in education and we should treat it that way." Sir Ken Robinson

We are told that children are our future. They have so much imagination and they think of things in such different ways than adults. My own children have had wonderful teachers who have offered them the chance to create projects in any way they desired. The result of such freedom is always interesting.
I believe that encouraging creativity in as many areas of subject matter as possible fosters a sense of accomplishment and motivates students to try harder, do better, and look for more in subjects that interest them. When a child can take what they already feel confident about and use that talent to explore or express an assigned topic, the student will have a built-in motivation to learn.