A bit about me

I am an Elementary Education Student at the University of South Alabama. I plan to student teach and graduate in the fall of 2011. I have been married to my high school sweetheart for over seventeen years and we have three wonderful children. I hope to be the kind of teacher I want for my own children and I am learning all I can to be my best.

Parental Involvement

I believe parental involvement directly affects student success. As a teacher, parents will be welcome to visit. I plan to ask parents to volunteer their talents and time to help with projects and events throughout the school year.
When a child sees his or her parent involved by reading a story, making copies, helping with a project, or even just visiting during lunch time, I believe it sends a message that the parent is interested in how the child spends his or her day at school. When education is important to parents, especially in the first few elementary years, the students are more motivated and happy to work and learn.